Our Metairie law firm is offering an opportunity for a Full-Time Legal Secretary supporting an attorney in the office. Our law firm is an estate planning/probate/business law firm that is dedicated to serving clients throughout Southeast Louisiana. The firm offers competitive compensation based on experience.
• Performance of secretarial, administrative and substantive legal duties.
• Drafting and preparation of estate plans, legal documents and court petitions.
• Organization of physical folders and electronic folders, ensure that documents are saved and filed into the appropriate work spaces/folders.
• Handle incoming and outgoing mail, faxes and scan documents.
• Maintain the daily calendar of attorney including, but not limited to, scheduling appointments, meetings and travel arrangements.
• Open files, close files and assist with conflicts checks.
• Maintain a good working rapport with clients.
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
• 3+ years of secretarial experience in an estate planning law firm environment is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of and ability to apply office software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience in ActionStep software preferable.
• Working knowledge of legal practices, terminology, documents and court procedures..
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively in a business environment.
• Excellent typing, spelling, grammar, proofreading, transcription and general clerical skills.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including personal computer, copier, multi-function printers, facsimile, and telephone.
Please send resumes and questions to email@example.com.