Want us to speak at your group’s event?
We’re always eager to hype up estate planning. It’s our purpose and our passion. You simply provide the venue and the guests, and we’ll provide the refreshments and the “infotainment.”
Estate Planning & Elder Law Topics
“Louisiana Wills, Trusts & Successions…All You Really Need to Know!”
- Why changes in your family and the law make discussing healthcare directives so important – and what can happen if this conversation is postponed?
- How to avoid the delays and costs of probate.
- How to ensure your assets will pass directly to your children if you die and your spouse remarries.
- How to stop your child’s inheritance from being divided in the case of their own divorce.
- How to create incentives to make sure your children and grandchildren live up to their potential before they have access to their inheritance.
- How to protect your business and personal property from the ravages of potential lawsuits and creditor claims.
“Protect Your Assets Without Giving Up Control – How to Avoid Common Costly Mistakes”
- Which documents do I need right now and how do I get them?
- What are the advantages or disadvantages of a Will versus a Living Trust?
- When should I put a property in my children’s names and when should I not?
- Are there any estate taxes that might get in the way and how do I deal with them?
- How can I get Medicaid coverage for assisted living and nursing home care and still keep my home?
“I’ve Been Named Trustee. Now What? Steps to Take and Mistakes to Avoid”
- What your Trustees need to know now – actions to take and who to contact at death or incapacity
- Your Trustee’s legal and financial responsibilities – including tax returns, managing assets, and required accounting
- How to avoid common and costly mistakes – avoid tax consequences, financial loss, and legal liability for the Successor Trustee
- How to disperse inheritances from the Trust and how to avoid disputes and conflict with family members
“Don’t Lose Your Nest Egg to Long-Term Care Expenses – Learn the Right Way to Do It”
- Qualifying for Medicaid: How you can protect your home and retirement nest egg from long-term care costs.
- Traditional Estate Plans: Why they won’t help with long-term care costs and the type of plan that will.
- The 5-Year Look Back: How it works and why planning early is vital to protect your assets.
- Preserving Your Medicaid Eligibility: The activities that you must avoid to not disqualify yourself from Medicaid benefits.
- Incapacity: Make your final wishes known with a Living Will and Health Care Power of Attorney. Avoid a potentially humiliating and expensive interdiction proceeding if you become legally incapacitated.
- Divorce and Remarriage: How to safeguard your children’s inheritance from their own divorce and your surviving spouse’s remarriage.
“Estate Planning is a Woman’s Issue – Common Myths You Need to Know and Avoid”
- Do you need a Will or Trust? Discover the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- How to keep your affairs private and your loved ones out of court if you become disabled and can’t speak for yourself.
- How to avoid becoming a financial or medical burden to the people you love.
- Learn all about Louisiana successions and what steps can you take now to help your family avoid this expensive and time-consuming legal process when you’re gone.
- How to create a long-term care plan before it’s needed so that you are able to stay as independent as possible and in complete control of your decisions as you age.
- Why putting property in a child’s name is likely a huge mistake—and what to do instead to accomplish your goals in a secure way.
- Discover easy strategies to protect your children’s inheritance from being seized if they get divorced, are sued, or file for bankruptcy in the future.
- How to preserve your estate for your children should you pass away and your surviving spouse gets remarried.
Business Planning Topics
“Advanced Planning Strategies for Lawsuit & Asset Protection”
- Latest rules for using Corporations and LLCs to limit personal liability
- Circumstances under which a creditor can pierce the “corporate veil”
- Best trust for asset protection and how it works
- Updates to Louisiana’s asset protection laws
- Secrets to making a trust rock solid against creditors
“Buy-Sell Agreements – Set Your Business Succession Plan Up for Success”
- Advantages of developing a buy-sell early
- Tactics for setting buy-sell ground rules
- Why valuation methods matter
- Means to prevent unnecessary litigation between business owners
- Updates under NEW Louisiana law
Special Needs Planning Topics
“A Louisiana Interdiction: How to Protect Yourself or a Loved One”
- How to prevent the publicity and expense of an interdiction, should a loved one become legally incapacitated.
- Steps you can take now to avoid time-consuming and costly interdiction proceedings.
- The differences between a full or limited interdiction, and how the court may determine which is needed.
- Why your child’s age makes discussing continuing tutorship so important – and what can happen if this conversation is postponed.
- How to include specific provisions to care for a special needs child and/or grandchild and make sure their governmental benefits are not affected.
“Special Planning for Special Family Members – Learn How to Do it Right
- Legally stay in control of your child’s financial and medical affairs after the age of 18
- Coordinate public benefits with other financial resources legally and properly
- Keep your child as independent as possible
- Provide for a lifetime of care—even after you are gone someday
- Other important topics like Guardianships, Continuing Tutorships, Special Needs Trusts, and mistakes to avoid
Continuing Education for Financial Advisors
“The Fundamentals of Estate Planning: What Every Advisor Should Know”
- Tools of an estate plan – how and when they work, and who can use them
- Types of wills, trusts, & successions
- Strategies to plan for disability or incapacity
- 3 types of powers of attorney – and why your clients might need one now
- Benefits of a team approach to estate planning and asset protection
“Settling Successions: How to Optimize Opportunites for Yourself and Your Clients “
- Planning strategies that will save your clients time and money when settling a succession
- Determining when opening succession is required and how you can assist your clients through the process
- 3 types of assets that will help your clients bypass probate
- Understanding Louisiana laws of inheritance
- Methods to steer clear of capacity issues with fiduciary accounts
Continuing Education for Realtors
“Listing Homes for Disabled or Deceased Clients – What Every Realtor Needs to Know”
- What is an estate plan and why does it affect you?
- Selling the home of a person who is incapacitated
- Selling the home of a person who has passed away
- A simple solution to these problems