- Planning strategies that will save your clients time and money when settling a succession
- Determining when opening succession is required and how you can assist your clients through the process
- 3 types of assets that will help your clients bypass probate
- Understanding Louisiana laws of inheritance
- Methods to steer clear of capacity issues with fiduciary accounts
Complimentary catered lunch! Reserve your seat today!
P.S. Don’t miss this chance to learn something new, connect with fellow colleagues, and get your estate or business planning questions answered.
Morrison Law Group, PLC is saying “thank you” to Louisiana teachers and staff by offering a FREE educational workshop, FREE personal consultation & 20% educator discount when you hire us to execute your estate plan by the first day of school (August 9, 2021).
This will be a small group workshop in our conference room and we only have room for 8 people.
Even if you have a Will or Trust, many people do not address what happens when LIFE happens…someone falls ill or they have a second marriage, a blended family, a divorce, or even a lawsuit. If these concerns were not addressed when you set up your plan, please join us at this workshop to learn more!
Many of us will have one or more of these concerns happen in our lifetime. We’ll share the different options available to help you feel secure and prepared.
At this workshop, we will discuss:
- Advantages and disadvantages of Wills, Living Trusts, and Probate in clear, easy-to-understand language (no legalese spoken here!)
- Long-Term Care/Medicaid solutions to protect your home and assets, and avoid costs from draining your retirement account (local nursing home stay is $6K per month!)
- Protecting your children’s inheritance from future ex-spouses, lawsuits, or other claims
- Protecting your assets if your spouse remarries (blended families can put it at risk!)
- How to avoid the publicity and expense of an interdiction, should you become legally incapacitated
- Why changes in your family and the law make discussing healthcare directives so important – and what can happen if this conversation is postponed
Don’t try to navigate through life’s ups and downs without this valuable information. Avoiding these topics won’t keep them from happening. Better yet, we make learning about the EASY, FUN, and INFORMATIVE! It’s easier than you think!
Register now! We only have room for 8 people at this workshop. See you soon!
You and your Trustees will learn:
- What your Trustees need to know now – actions to take and who to contact at death or incapacity
- Your Trustee’s legal and financial responsibilities – including tax returns, managing assets, and required accounting
- How to avoid common and costly mistakes – avoid tax consequences, financial loss, and legal liability for the Successor Trustee
- How to disperse inheritances from the Trust and how to avoid disputes and conflict with family members
Every client and their Successor Trustees should attend this workshop for protection, confidence, and peace of mind. Spaces are Limited! REGISTER HERE or CALL (504) 831-2348