Our family-owned estate planning & business law firm is offering an opportunity for a Part-Time Legal Secretary to support an attorney in the office. Located at the foot of the Causeway Bridge, our firm enjoys the privilege of representing small business owners, estates and families throughout Southeast Louisiana.
- Draft and prepare legal documents with limited guidance (estate plans, court petitions, general correspondence, etc.).
- Prepare e-filings, and filings in state courts.
- Organize physical & electronic files, ensure documents are saved and filed into the appropriate workspaces/folders.
- Open & close files, scan documents, and assist with conflict checks.
- Perform complex secretarial, administrative duties as needed
- 3+ years of secretarial experience in an estate planning law firm environment is preferred.
- Working knowledge of legal practices, terminology, documents and court procedures.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent typing, spelling, grammar, proofreading, transcription and general clerical skills.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, copier, multi-function printers, facsimile, and telephone).
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively in a professional environment.
- Ability to maintain an excellent working rapport with clients.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
20-25 hrs. per week. Hours can be somewhat flexible. Qualifications, experience level, and education influence salary.
Please send resumes and questions to email@example.com.
- Staying Current is Especially Important in the Pandemic - October 27, 2020
- How to Talk to Your Aging Parents About Estate Planning & Advance Care – Questions to Ask - October 26, 2020
- The Role of Legacy Planning - October 24, 2020