Everything You've Always Wanted to Know About Wills, Trusts, Medicaid, Healthcare Directives, Probate & Powers of Attorney . . . BUT DIDN'T KNOW WHO TO ASK
We’ll teach you everything you need to know for free!
Join Louisiana board-certified estate planning attorney, Ronald "Chip" Morrison, Jr. for a special 60-minute workshop where you’ll learn how to use wills, trusts, and basic asset protection strategies to safeguard your assets and your family in the event of death or incapacity.
If you’ve been meaning to “get your affairs in order”
… or you’re ready to begin making strategic decisions that will protect your independence
and your ability to stay in control
if you get sick or need long-term care in the future… then this is for you.
It’s free, educational and there is no catch
—you will NOT be pressured to buy anything
or sign up for any legal service.
Who Should Attend This Workshop?
If you don’t currently have a plan in place to protect your family and assets… or if it’s been at least three years since you’ve last looked at your old estate plan.
This event will help you start the process or learn how to bring your older plan up to date.
You should also consider attending if you:
- have minor children or a child with special needs.
- own a home, a business, or have more than $150,000 in assets.
- are approaching retirement.
- have an older parent who may soon need assisted living, nursing home, or in-home care.
- are considered “blended” or “non-traditional” under the law.
- are worried about conflict in your family if something happens to you.
- have vulnerable beneficiaries that you are worried about leaving money to (e.g. an adult child with substance abuse issues, mental health struggles, financial immaturity).
- want to have a say in the type of life you experience and the quality of care you receive as you age.
- want most of your money to go to your family and not Uncle Sam if something happens.
- desire to leave a legacy or a positive footprint on the world.
What Will I Learn at This Event?
Guests will learn how to use simple legal strategies
to help make their wishes known
, keep peace
in the family, safeguard assets
and ensure that life is as easy as possible
for our loved ones, no matter what happens. You will discover:
- Whether you need a will or trust along with the advantages and disadvantages of both.
- Why changes in your family, the law, and during the pandemic make discussing healthcare directives important - and what can happen if this conversation is postponed.
- How to keep your affairs private and your loved ones out of court if you become disabled and can’t speak for yourself. (Hint: Not all Powers of Attorney are valid!)
- All about probate and what steps can you take now to help your family avoid this expensive and time-consuming legal process when you’re gone.
- How to create a long-term care plan before it’s needed so that you are able to stay as independent as possible and in complete control of your decisions as you age.
- Why owning assets jointly or putting property in a child’s name is likely a huge mistake—and what to do instead to accomplish your goals in a secure way.
- Easy strategies to protect your children’s inheritance from being seized if they get divorced, sued, or file bankruptcy in the future.
- How to preserve your estate for your children should you pass away and your surviving spouse gets remarried (without a plan, your family’s inheritance will legally go to the new husband or wife!).
- How to qualify and use Medicaid to pay for nursing home expenses which can average $6,000 monthly.
- How parents (and grandparents!) of children with special needs can plan for a lifetime of care without jeopardizing eligibility for important benefits like Medicaid or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Seating is Very Limited.
P.S. We hope you will enjoy Complimentary Cocktails & Valet Parking!